On February 2, 2014, Citizenship & Immigration Services, also known as USCIS, implemented a new citizenship application for people who quality to become U. S. citizens.
How to fill out this application?
- This application is comprised of 21 pages and for each page there is a barcode that will help USCIS reduced the amount of rejected applications.
- If you fill out the application by hand, the barcode does not apply to your application.
- You need to use black ink.
- The new application is available in the web page: www.uscis.gov at no cost.
Things to keep in mind:
- The application requires detailed information about your marriage history: Your current/past status and number of marriages.
- Children, including stepchildren.
- Capability: If you have been declared mentally challenged, immigration will only consider the previous 5 years.
- Detentions: USCIS requires information about all your convictions. The previous application version included traffic violations but this new application does not.
- USCIS only requires information about all your trips outside of the U. S. during the last 5 years, since you became a legal permanent resident. Organize and list all your trips since an authorized official may request them, if necessary.
In Mercedes Cano we are here to help you. If you would like us to review your case you may contact us at 718-505-8506 or through our contact form.
Follow us in our social media Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or subscribe to our mailing list where we will inform you about legal news.